Medical Assistant- Mandarin Chinese Required
Tzu Chi Alhambra Health Center (but may occasionally need support or rotation to Tzu Chi South El Monte and Wilmington health centers).
Tuesday-Saturday 8:00am-5:00pm. 8-hour shift
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Answering patients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records via EMR.
- Recording and collecting patient charges.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
- Maintains medical supplies inventory, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; and reporting patient history summary.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; and keeping patient information confidential.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repair(s).
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and inline service trainings
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assists in Clinic or Mobile operations as needed.
- The Medical Assistant is also required to perform other duties as may be assigned by the Foundation’s management.
- Medical Assistant Program completion strongly preferred.
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
- Phlebotomy Certificate preferred.
- Experience with eClinicalWorks preferred.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification required.
- Bilingual English/Chinese Required. Spanish (Preferred)
- Medical assisting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- License/Certification: MA school completion (Preferred)
- Medical specialties:
Salary & Benefits
- $16.00 – $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance
- Paid time off
COVID-19 considerations: Covid guidelines are strictly followed.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to [email protected]